This technology is suitable for the application in Afghanistan´s growing dairy industry
- Solar milk cooling for milk collection centres and farmers
- Cooling solutions for the transport of milk (learn more here!)
- Cooling systems for dairy products such as yogurt or ice cream
- And many more: Battery free refrigerators, Ice-Makers and Cold Rooms!
Thanks to the use of solar cooling units, you can customize your own systems to meet the requirements of final users.
Watch this video for an introduction to the endless opportunities of off-grid DIY solar cooling solutions based on hands-on example systems.
- Application Process:
1. Registration is closing on March 12th 2020. You will receive an email if the
registration was successful.
2. Due to high interest, there will be a shortlisting process. You
will be notified as soon as possible.
You are only eligible if you fulfil the following criteria:
For established enterprises:
- you represent an established enterprise in the solar or cooling systems industry
- you have a strong interest in doing business with and in rural areas, in particular in the dairy and agricultural sector.
- you are interested in being a service or product provider
- you are able and willing to assume up to USD 600 for travel expenses (i.e. flight ticket KBL-DXB round trip). The accommodation, peridium, training expenses, and the conference will provide by GIZ-ESIP.
For individuals or start-ups:
- you are a young, technically skilled individual
- you run a start-up in the solar or cooling industry
- you have a strong entrepreneurial mind-set, proactive and highly motivated
- you are (or will be) based in the Southern Province
- you have a technical/engineering academic background or you work as a technician/electrician
- you are willing to and capable of running a small business around the construction and distribution of solar cooling systems for dairy or agricultural applications in Afghanistan
- you want to be part of the change process that drives the sift to more sustainable energy solutions in the agricultural sector
If you fulfil the above state requirements, please go ahead and fill in the below application form
Interested to participate in the Training Course? Kindly apply below!
Note: The training course will be offered at no cost for the selected participants. For established enterprises a contribution for travel expenses up to USD 600 is expected (subject to an individual assessment). For individuals or start-ups the flight ticket and accommodation expenses in Dubai as well as per Diem will be covered (exceptions may apply and are subject to an individual assessment)